Forget the stuffing, the casseroles, even the turkey. My favorite part of Thanksgiving has got to be the PIE! What would Turkey Day be without a wide variety of traditional pies -- from pumpkin to triple berry to apple with a crumb crust? Mmm! But who says all your Thanksgiving pies have to be tried and true?
For instance, take this chocolate-whiskey pecan pie recipe. It may have a little bit more kick than the holiday classic, but as far as your taste buds are concerned, that's bound to be a delicious thing!
Chocolate-Whiskey Pecan Pie from Real Simple
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whiskey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 9-inch basic flaky pie crust, unbaked
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk together corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, eggs, whiskey, and salt; fold in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into the pie crust and bake until the center is set but still slightly wobbly, 40 to 50 minutes. Let cool before serving.
Image via Rob Thurman/Flickr