20 Cozy Crock-Pot Soup Recipes That Cook Themselves
I would love it if I came home from work and found a hot, fragrant, hearty soup waiting for me. How can I make that happen -- without the use of magic or takeout? With the Crock-Pot, of course! Slow cookers to the rescue. You just throw in the ingredients at the beginning of the day (or maybe the night before), leave for work, and then ta-da! Dinner for everyone.
We've compiled a list of 20 soup recipes written just for the slow cooker. And guess what we found out? There's a Crock-Pot recipe for just about every soup out there. So enjoy a whole season of cozy Crock-Pot soups.
More from The Stir: The 7 Best Soups to Help Get Over Colds & Flu
Pho (Vietnamese beef and noodle soup)
Italian Wedding Soup via Food.com
- 16 1/2 ounces meatballs
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 2 ounces frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
- Garlic salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup romano cheese
- 1/4 cup acini di pepe pasta (small pasta)
1. Pop the meatballs in the microwave for 1 minute on defrost so you can quarter them.
2. Combine rest of ingredients except pasta in Crock-Pot and cook all day on low.
3. Add the pasta during the last hour of cooking.
By the way, here's a few tips on making those soups extra tasty.
Do you have a favorite Crock-Pot soup recipe?
Hungry? Need dinner ideas? Just love anything and everything food and recipes? Then you'll totally want to follow us on Pinterest! Our virtual pin boards on Kid Friendly Recipes and Sweet Treats are pure eye candy. Yum!
Image via Collin Harvey/Flickr
Piping Hot Posts