If I had a choice, I think my last meal on earth would be macaroni and cheese. And I'm not talking mac 'n' cheese from a box, I'm talking good macaroni and cheese. Cheesy macaroni and cheese. Macaroni and cheese that is among one of the most decadent things you've ever eaten. This Three Cheese Mac 'N' Cheese recipe is just that. It's to-die-for. And it isn't all that hard to make.
Impress your friends, thrill your kids, and please yourself with this divine recipe for ooey-gooey goodness. Yum.
Three-Cheese Macaroni and Cheese
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Wisconsin Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/2 cup (1 ounce) grated Wisconsin Parmesan Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 475F. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the macaroni for 6 minutes (will be cooked to al dente). Drain.
2. Heat a small skillet over medium heat and melt the butter. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. With a slotted spoon, remove the garlic to a medium bowl. Add the macaroni to the bowl and stir to combine.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and evaporated milk. Add the salt, cayenne pepper, and cheeses; mix well. Add the macaroni mixture and stir well to combine.
4. Transfer mixture to an 8- or 9-inch square baking dish or 2-quart gratin dish. With a spoon, gently spread mixture to form an even layer. Bake just until sauce bubbles at edges, about 12 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Image via stevendepolo/Flickr