Sure, Starbucks wants to try to seduce us into starting the holiday season with their peppermint mochas and gingerbread lattes, but we will not be swayed from the love affair we're still having with pumpkin, amirite?! This past week, I baked up my first pumpkin pie of the season (will be sharing that recipe with you soon!), and before that, I made three batches of these out of this world pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Friends and family just can't get enough. One of our friends remarked that they came out so soft, they were sort of like muffin tops. So if cookies for as a dessert, snack, or even BREAKFAST sound like a plan to you, you're in luck!
If you or your loved ones love pumpkin, I implore you to try the super-tasty and incredibly easy recipe yourself!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies from TasteofHome.com
• 1 cup butter, softened
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 cup quick-cooking oats
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 cup canned pumpkin
• 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, and cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin. Fold in chocolate chips.
2. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
3. Bake at 350°F for 12-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Image via Keith McDuffee/Flickr