10 Amazing Election Day Meal Deals for Cheap & Free Food After You Vote
I know, I know -- so many people right now just want to be done with the election. To have the votes counted and to know one way or the other who will be running our country for the next four years. Alas, in the meantime, we might as well make the most of Election Day. And besides getting out to vote, you can do that by ... chowin' down!
Suddenly, Election Day is another excuse to stuff your face with cheap -- and even FREE -- eats! Okay, maybe that's overstating it a bit, but there are lots o' dining establishments celebrating our democracy with food specials. Here, a few of the places where you can take advantage of these "blue and red plate" promos ...
- Legal Sea Foods - Up through Election Day, Legal Sea Food actually is offering what they're calling Blue Plate and Red Plate specials -- for $25.95. The specials aim to pay tribute to the presidential candidates' home and adopted state -- cute! The Blue Plate is a macadamia-coconut crusted mahi-mahi with roasted brussels sprouts, and the Red Plate is pan-seared cod with steamed spaghetti squash in bourbon lobster cream sauce. (Yum ... I may actually be "on-the-fence" between those two choices!)
- Tim Horton's - At this coffee chain, you can purchase any beverage, show your "I Voted" sticker, and get a free donut. Plus: Some voters will also get free coffee and donuts while they wait in line at local polls in some cities, including Detroit, MI, Columbus, OH, and Buffalo, NY.
- Boston Market - Through November 6th, head here to vote for your favorite Market Bowl. On November 7, a national Boston Market offer for everyone who voted will be announced along with the winning bowl.
- Ben & Jerry's - All over the country, the ice cream hot spots are serving the Americone Dream sundae, which includes Americone Dream ice cream, caramel, whipped cream, and a selection of toppings. Um, wow.
- Pinkberry - If fro yo is more your thing, you can post pictures of your favorite Pinkberry flavor by using the hashtag #pinkthevote on Twitter. The company will randomly choose 10 winners, and each will win a free small yogurt with toppings.
- California Tortilla - On Election Day, if you go to your local California Tortilla wearing your “I Voted” sticker (or just say vote!), you’ll snag a FREE taco – no purchase required. Sweet. You can check out the California Tortilla Facebook page for more info.
- Einstein Bros. Bagels - On November 6th, Einstein Bros. Bagels will give you a FREE Bagel and Shmear if you come in wearing your “I Voted” sticker. Check out the Einstein Bros. Bagels Facebook page for more details.
- On the Border - If you "like" the Mexican restaurant chain's Facebook page and click the "Get Offer" link, you can get a coupon for free Sopapillas on November 6th (when you purchase one or more entrees at regular price).
- White Castle - On November 6th, showing up at White Castle with your “I Voted” sticker will earn you a free small Sweet Potato Waffle Fry with any purchase.
- Starbucks - Starbucks is giving customer a free Indivisible wristband on November 6th at participating locations — just ask for it!
Will you be taking advantage of any of these foodie Election Day deals?
Image via Jonathan McIntosh/Flickr