Halloween's just around the corner, and you know what that means -- time to get creative with all things sweet. Fortunately, there are plenty of ways to spookify cupcakes, but let's be honest, this Spider Cupcake Recipe has to be the easiest. And the best part about it? You get to make it up as you go!
More from The Stir: Vampire Cupcake Recipe Edward & Bella Would Kill For
- 1 box of your favorite chocolate cake mix
- 1 jar of your favorite vanilla frosting
- Orange food coloring (or purple -- anything "Halloween")
- Candy of your choice to make "spiders": Gum balls; Peanut M&Ms; shoestring licorice; pretzels; sprinkles; Oreos-- you get the idea.
1. Bake cupcakes according to package directions. Allow to cool.
2. Add a few drops of orange food coloring to your vanilla frosting. Mix well.
3. Frost cupcakes.
4. Start making your "spiders." Try using a Peanut M&M as the "body", and little pretzel sticks as "legs". Another option: Use a gumball as the body, and black licorice as legs. The possibilities are endless! Enlist the kids and have fun creating these adorable, "spooky" treats!
Hungry? Need dinner ideas? Just love anything and everything food and recipes? Then you'll totally want to follow us on Pinterest! Our virtual pin boards on Kid Friendly Recipes and Sweet Treats are pure eye candy. Yum!
Image via tawest64/Flickr