It's Breast Cancer Awareness month, and if you're not the boobie flash mobbing type, don't worry. There are still plenty of ways to show your support for the cause, like, say, serving up some deliciously pink desserts. Hey, everyone likes a sweet treat, so why not bake some pink yummies with a message of hope, perseverance, and strength?
Here are 10 pink desserts that'll make your sweet tooth, and your boobs, really really happy.
Cake Pop Recipe
- 1 (18 ounce) cake mix, desired flavor, prepared according to package
- 2 -3 eggs (or whatever your package calls for)
- 1/3 cup oil (or whatever your package calls for)
- 0.5 (16 ounce) can frosting, any flavor
- 7 ounces white chocolate candy melts (or any flavor you like)
- candy sprinkles (optional)
- Bake cake according to package and let cool.
- Crumble entire cake in food processor, in batches if necessary, and empty into mixing bowl.
- Mix in 1/2 can of store bought frosting or equal amount of homemade frosting until a dough forms (tends to be easiest by hand).
- Scoop and form into one inch balls, easiest if using a small cookie scooper.
- Melt candy melts according to package.
- For each cake pop, first dip the very end of a lollipop stick into the melted candy coating and insert about half way into cake ball.
- Chill uncoated cake pops for at least 1 hour.
- Re-melt candy melts, and coat the cake pops one by one, dipping one side and turning to coat completely.
- After coated, stand the cake pop up in the styrofoam block or shirt box and decorate with sprinkles before coating is set.
Photo via Nina Matthews Photography/Flickr