Need a fun Halloween recipe? Look no further. These cute little chocolate mice are the perfect treat! Made of chocolate, candy, and almonds, they're super easy to whip up, only taking 20 minutes to prep. Bring 'em to a Halloween party or simply make a dozen or so just for yourself -- these cute little edible critters are a great way to celebrate October 31st.
Chocolate Mice, makes one dozen.
Prep time is 20 minutes, ready in 2 hours 20 minutes.
- 4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup sour cream 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 24 silver dragees decorating candy
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 12 (2 inch) pieces long red vine licorice
- Melt the chocolate, and combine with sour cream. Stir in 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Roll by level tablespoonfuls into balls. Mold to a slight point at one end (the nose).
- Roll dough in confectioners sugar (for white mice), and in chocolate cookie crumbs (for dark mice). On each mouse, place dragees in appropriate spot for eyes, almond slices for ears, and a licorice string for the tail.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours, until firm.
Photo via davedehetre/Flickr