Here's one of my favorite classic Halloween treats: Witch cupcakes that use an ice cream cone for the hat. This is such a cute idea. It's a cupcake frosted green with a little candy corn nose and licorice hair. Top with an inverted cone and you've got one tasty little witch for your favorite goblins. Check out this Wicked Witch Cupcakes recipe to learn how to make these adorable treats.
Wicked Witch Cupcakes via Martha Stewart Living/Delish.com
Yield: 12 cupcakes
- Hershey's Chocolate Cupcakes (or other chocolate cupcakes)
- 24 brown mini M&Ms, plus more for filling (optional)
- Dirty Green Simple Buttercream
- 12 candy corns
- 12 chocolate sugar cones
- 1 pound black licorice laces, cut into 1/4-inch, 1/2-inch, and 2-inch lengths
1. Using a melon baller, scoop out the center of each cupcake and fill with mini M&Ms, if desired.
2. Cover the tops of each cupcake with a generous mound (about 1/3 cup) of buttercream. Insert one candy corn into each cupcake to form a nose. Using brown mini M&Ms, insert two into each cupcake to form eyes. Place two short lengths of licorice above the eyes to form eyebrows for the witch. Place the shorter licorice lengths above the eyebrows to form bangs. Place an inverted cone on top of bangs, pressing gently into buttercream to adhere. Place the longer licorice lengths under the cone hat to form the hair.
Image via kinwart/Flickr