Given the onslaught of turkey, pie, cranberry sauce, and sweet potato posts these last few weeks, most of you probably assume that I think Thanksgiving is only another excuse to overeat. But rest assured, I do stop stuffing my face long enough to reflect on the many things I have to be thankful for in my life...
Topping the list are my husband, who would do anything for me; my sister, who's also my best friend; my family, who provide non-stop entertainment; and a group of talented, caring friends who never cease to amaze me.
As I look back over this list, I realize just how fulfilling my life really is...but something is missing. I can't quite put my finger on it...Oh, I know...FOOD! Food is missing from my list. This is the Food & Party Channel, after all.
In the spirit of the day, here's my list of top 10 foods to be thankful for this year:
10. My Italian grandma's spaghetti sauce (if you're lucky I just might share the recipe in a future post!).
9. Dill pickles (I crave these morning, noon, and night).
8. TABASCO brand Smoked Chipotle Sauce (I challenge you to name a better condiment!).
7.That magical course that's served right after dinner and that your stomach always has room for...DESSERT!
6. Starbucks beverages (I'd like to give a special shout-out to the wonderful woman at my local branch who has my order memorized).
5. Fermented grain mash, otherwise know as whiskey.
4. Chicken burrito bowl at Chipotle.
3. Egg sandwiches (even though the smell is enough to make Mr. Cafe Kim vomit).
2. Cheese in any form, whether that's balls, cubes, slices, or heavily processed blocks.
And my No. 1 food to be thankful for this year is...
1. Anything that other people cook for me!
Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for you for reading.