Sure, we love their books, movies, music and TV shows. But many our favorite stars have a secret skill -- they do some of their best work in the kitchen! So we've asked our famous friends to teach us how to whip up their most delectable dishes. Get ready to cook with the stars!
After having her second child -- and packing on a few pounds -- Nicole Sullivan traded her burger addiction for fresh fish. Experimenting with flavor combos-- and following Jenny Craig's fruit and veggie heavy Volumetric's plan -- she came up with her sweet and savory recipe.
Her sons Dashel and Beckett adore it too ... well, almost. "My kids LOVE the fish, but I have to scrape off the 'things' aka pineapple, because it turns out most kids don't like any 'things' on their food," laughs the King of Queens star. "But we always have a side of veggies. They love broccoli! How cool is that?"
Grilled Fish with Pineapple and Cilantro Sauce
· (20oz) can sliced pineapple in juice, drained, reserving juice
· 3/4 cup reserved pineapple juice
· 2 Tbls lime juice
· 2 Tbls water
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 Tbl cornstarch
· 2 Tbls cilantro, minced
· 1/2 tsp minced jalapeno pepper
· 2 Tbls Equal® Spoonful or 3 packs Equal sweetener
· salt and pepper to taste
· 6 halibut, haddock or salmon steaks or fillets (about 4oz each), grilled
1. Cut pineapple slices into 1/2 inch pieces.
2. Combine pineapple, pineapple juice, lime juice and garlic in medium saucepan.
3. Heat to boiling.
4. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Combine cold water and cornstarch; stir into boiling mixture.
6. Boil, stirring constantly until thickened.
7. Remove from heat.
8. Stir in cilantro and jalapeno pepper.
9. Stir in Equal; season to taste with salt and pepper.
10. To serve, spoon warm sauce over grilled fish.