It's fall, and you know what that means, right? It's pie season! Break out the rolling pin and your apple corer because it's high time you started baking up a storm. From apple pie to cherry pie to pecan pie to pumpkin pie, there isn't anything in the world that you couldn't put "pie" after and it wouldn't sound delicious.
I know I'm not alone with my pie obsession, so take a look of these 5 gorgeous photos of our favorite dessert and try and tell me your mouth's not watering. You can pretty much smell their intoxicating aromas from the photos and taste their warm gooeyness ... mmm. Pie. Check it:
More from The Stir: The Apple Pie to End All Other Apple Pies
What's your favorite pie? (As if you could choose. I know.)
Also, here's a Cherry Pie recipe you gotta try:
Makes one 9-inch pie. Prep time 30 minutes, bake time 50 minutes.
- 9-inch pie crust
- 4 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 cups pitted cherries
- 1/4 tablespoon almond extract
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Place bottom crust in pie pan. Set top crust aside, covered.
- Roll out half the crust and line a 9-inch pie pan. Refrigerate until needed. Roll out the top crust and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine tapioca, salt, sugar, cherries, and extracts. Let stand 15 minutes. Turn out into bottom crust and dot with butter. Cover with top crust, flute edges and cut vents in top. Place pie on a foil-lined cookie sheet--in case of drips!
- Bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Let cool for several hours before slicing.
Photo via jeffreyw/Flickr