One of my friends who is getting married next year registered for a whole bunch of beautiful items, but you know what she told me she was really hoping to get? A brownie pan! Yup. Sometimes, a girl's just gotta have her brownies.
Fast, delicious, and easily cut into perfect squares is a no-brainer way to go, but it never hurts to get creative. Especially when getting creative can mean baking up brownies in a form that's totally acceptable for breakfast! (Well, sort of.) As in double chocolate brownie bread that's crunchy outside with a gooey/fudgy center. It's any brownie lover's dream come true!
Double Chocolate Brownie Bread from girlmeetslife.com
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan.
- Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture, combine. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes before removing from loaf pan, then let cool for at least another 30 minutes before cutting (the inside will be pretty gooey and has to set).
Image via bloggyboulga/Flickr