There's something about Funfetti cake that appeals to the smallest and biggest kids ... aka adults. There's just something about the rainbow sprinkles in the middle of cake that gets us every time. Same thing goes for the supremely sweet cake batter flavor. So it's no wonder all of Pinterest lights up every time a Funfetti and/or cake batter-inspired recipe hits the site.
One of the most popular: Funfetti Cake Batter Blondies. They're just so cuuuute! And oh yeah, insanely delicious. Baking up a batch is pretty much the easiest decision you've ever made.
Funfetti Cake Batter Blondies from SixSistersStuff.com via GirlMeetsLife.com
- 1 box yellow (or Funfetti!) cake mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles (if you use a yellow cake mix, add these in)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Sprinkles & frosting for the top
- Combine the cake mix, oil, and egg in a large bowl. Add the milk slowly -- you want the batter to remain as dense as possible. Then mix in the rainbow sprinkles and white chocolate chips.
- Spray pan (either 8x11" or 9x9" pan) with non-stick cooking spray. Dump batter in pan and spread to the edges. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees. (They will be a little soft/gooey in the middle -- just let them sit for about 20-30 minutes and they will set up. But I guarantee that you will not be able to wait that long.)
- Frost when cooled.
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 2-3 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar (more or less depending on how thick/runny you like it)
- 3-4 drops red food coloring to get desired pink color (optional)
Combine all ingredients until well-blended. Spread on top of blondies.
Image via Lori L. Stalteri/Flickr