Something cool and creamy for dessert that doesn't need to go into that hot oven? How about this No-Bake White Chocolate Pie from DashRecipes.com. It's rich and fluffy with a graham cracker crust and a surprise ingredient: Banana slices! Just the thing to add a little extra sweetness to that crust.
Plan ahead for this one. You'll need to let the pie chill for at least two hours before serving. But it sure looks to me like it's worth the wait.
No-Bake White Chocolate Pie by Dorie Greenspan via Dash Recipes
- 4 oz. white chocolate (preferably imported), finely chopped
- 1/2 lb. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1 banana, thinly sliced
- One ready-made graham-cracker crust (9 inches)
1. Warm the chocolate in a bowl set over a pot of lightly simmering water. Remove from heat when only partially melted; stir to melt completely.
2. Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Beat in the chocolate, then the sour cream. Whip the heavy cream until firm; gently fold into chocolate filling.
3. Put the banana slices on the crust, top with the filling, and chill at least 2 hours. If you’d like, sprinkle with grated dark chocolate before serving. Serves 8.
Love those cool, no-bake pies? Try these:
Image via Dash Recipes