After a long, full day of being the superwoman that you are, coming up with a quick, tasty, not to mention healthy dinner can feel like a complete and total burden from hell. I don't blame anyone who is tempted to pick up the phone and order takeout, or pack the hubby and kids into the car to go out to eat.
At the same time, though, there are tons of awesome easy dinner recipes that can be whipped up in 30 minutes or less. Perfect for those nights you really know you should cook, but you wish the prep work was done already. Here, five fast meals your family is sure to love ...
- Mac and Cheese with Chicken and Broccoli - Who doesn't love mac and cheese? There's a reason lots of moms call it a weeknight dinner staple. Rachael Ray's brilliant recipe bulks the traditional dish up with some chicken and broccoli, and you've got a super-filling, incredibly easy to prepare meal that fires on all cylinders.
- Turkey black bean burgers - There are more than a few ways to spice these easy burgers up -- even make 'em veg, beef, or chicken!
- Homemade pizza - Pizza's another one that you can do really quick and which serves as an awesome blank canvas for whatever veggies, meats, sauces, or anything else you can dream up. Here's a pizza recipe from Money Saving Mom you can prepare in under 30 minutes!
- Spaghetti with Garlic & Oil - You really can't go wrong with a simple but delicious pasta recipe. And there are always new ways to mix it up!
- Cobb salad - Sometimes, a huge salad with everything but the kitchen sink satisfies in a healthy, fast, and surprisingly hardy way. A salad made with chopped avocado, deli turkey, hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes, and cheddar cheese over a bed of greens and drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette is sure to be a fan favorite.
More from The Stir: 7 Quick & Easy Dinner Tips for Busy Moms
What's your go-to 30-minute dinner recipe?
Hungry? Need dinner ideas? Just love anything and everything food and recipes? Then you'll totally want to follow us on Pinterest! Our virtual pin boards on Kid Friendly Recipes and Sweet Treats are pure eye candy. Yum!
Image via Steven Depolo/Flickr