Super-Easy & Creamy Peanut Butter, Chocolate & Banana Frozen Yogurt
From super-premium, old-fashioned ice cream at the mom and pop shop in town to self-serve frozen yogurt in the mall to vegan coconut milk ice cream sandwiches, frozen desserts are obviously the go-to sweet fix of the summer.
Even going out to grab a scoop or a cup passes as a summertime activity, but haven't you ever wished you could make your own? I've been wishing and hoping for an easy way to make frozen yogurt at home without much hassle or an ice cream maker, and finally, I found it in this awesome recipe for Peanut Butter, Chocolate & Banana Fro-Yo. All you need is a blender (or food processor) and four ingredients! It couldn't get simpler than this! Suh-weeeet!
Peanut Butter, Chocolate & Banana Fro-Yo from SELF.com
- 2 containers (6-oz each) nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt, divided among ice cube tray sections and frozen
- 2 small ripe bananas, cut into 1/2-inch pieces and frozen
- 4 teaspoons natural peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons mini chocolate chips
- Cinnamon (optional)
- In a blender or food processor, blend yogurt cubes and bananas on high, scraping down sides every minute, until mixture holds together, 3 minutes.
- Add peanut butter; blend on high until mixture is creamy, like soft-serve ice cream.
- Stir in chips. Serve immediately, sprinkled with cinnamon, if desired.
Hungry? Need dinner ideas? Just love anything and everything food and recipes? Then you'll totally want to follow us on Pinterest! Our virtual pin boards on Kid Friendly Recipes and Sweet Treats are pure eye candy. Yum!
Image via sonictk/Flickr
Piping Hot Posts