Crumbly & Delicious Butterfinger Cookies -- Mmm!
Folks, I have a very important question for you. When is the last time you sat down and ate a cookie? How about a candy bar? If it has been any longer than, oh, I don't know, a week, have I got the fix for you! Butterfinger cookies, my friends, are the best of both world.
They bring you all the down home comfort of a fresh-out-of-the oven cookie just like you used to eat as a kid with the sweet candy treat that, come to think of it, you used to eat as a kid! The butterfinger and cookie combo kind of makes this dessert a trip down memory lane, doesn't it? You know you want some! Here's the recipe:
Butterfinger Cookies (adapted from Recipe Girl)
More from The Stir: Adorable & Delicious Watermelon Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups, plus 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Butterfingers (about 3 regular-sized bars)
- Cream softened butter and both sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Beat in flour, salt and baking soda. Stir in butterfingers (dough will be moist). Chill cookie dough (at least a half an hour is recommended)
- Drop rounded balls of dough onto ungreased baking sheets, and bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
What is your favorite candy bar? How do you incorporate it into your desserts?
Hungry? Need dinner ideas? Just love anything and everything food and recipes? Then you'll totally want to follow us on Pinterest! Our virtual pin boards on Kid Friendly Recipes and Sweet Treats are pure eye candy. Yum!
Image via Brisbane Falling/Flickr
Piping Hot Posts