Sometimes, when you're stuck inside on a rainy summer day, there's nothing more fun than getting crafty in the kitchen. I've always been fascinated by the idea of making my own candy, but it seems so intimidating.
Fortunately, thanks to Bakerella.com (home of all things Cake Pop!), it doesn't have to be. All you need are three simple ingredients to whip up a batch of your very own homemade Oreo-filled "Kisses." How's that for a mouth-watering hybrid?! And how sweet would a batch of these be for your man for Father's Day?
Oreo Kisses from Bakerella.com
- 1 package Oreo cookies (divided -- use cookie including the cream center)
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese (softened)
- Chocolate bark
- Finely crush all but seven cookies in a food processor or place them in a Ziplock bag and crush into a fine consistency.
- Stir in softened cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together.
- Roll the mixture into 1″ balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- Then, begin to form the shape of a kiss. Flattening the bottom and forming a point at the top. (Mine ended up about 1.5″ tall.)
- It helps to put the uncoated balls in the freezer for a few minutes to keep the mixture from starting to fall apart when you drop into the melted chocolate.
- Melt chocolate as directed on package and then dip "kisses" one at a time into chocolate, tap off extra and slide them off spoon onto wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry.
- Once dry, refrigerate and enjoy!
- Handwrite your messages or create them on the computer. Cut out the strips (about 1/4″ tall and however wide you need).
- Cut up some square sheets of aluminum foil (about 5.5″ square).
- Place dry kiss in center and start wrapping the foil around the base. Insert message near top and secure it by pressing the foil together at top.
Image via Bev Sykes/Flickr