Chocolate and peanut butter go together like cake and icing. They're like the most delicious best friends in the whole world and we should celebrate their amazing partnership by eating all the chocolate and peanut butter we can get our hands on. This recipe for chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting is pretty much the perfect way to honor their beautiful, beautiful relationship. What are you waiting for?
Chocolate Cupcakes With Peanut Butter Frosting via Sunday Night Dinner
Makes 24 cupcakes.
Ingredients for chocolate cupcakes:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups hot water
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee crystals
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Regular or silver cupcake paper liners
Ingredients for peanut butter frosting:
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, natural or organic
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened coconut cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. In a large measuring cup combine the water, oil, vinegar, instant coffee, and vanilla. Whisk it into the dry ingredients until just combined. Don't worry if there are a few lumps.
- Line 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners and fill each 2/3 full of batter. Bake until wooden skewer comes out clean from the center, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool the cupcakes completely before frosting.
- Ice each cupcake with peanut butter frosting and sprinkle with favorite toppings.
- Place the confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium-low speed until creamy, scraping down the bowl with a rubber spatula as you work.
- Add the cream and beat on high speed until the mixture is light and smooth.
Hungry? Need dinner ideas? Just love anything and everything food and recipes? Then you'll totally want to follow us on Pinterest! Our virtual pin boards on Kid Friendly Recipes and Sweet Treats are pure eye candy. Yum!
Photo via imcountingufoz/Flickr