3 Tasty Marinades for Flavorful Summer Grilling
Summertime is grilling time and you know what that means, don'tcha? It's time to get marinating. There's no way you can possibly argue with this statement: Marinades are SUPER easy. Seriously, throwing a bunch of deliciousness into a bag and letting it all meld together for a few hours (or sometimes overnight)?! Does life GET any simpler than that? No. No, it doesn't.
Marinades are a scrumptious way to flavor everything from steak and chicken to seafood and veggies. On the hunt for the perfect taste combinations for your next barbecue? Look no further. Check out these 3 tasty summer marinades:
Hawaiian Marinade adapted from myrecipes.com
Suggested for: Chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 minced garlic cloves
More from The Stir: 5 Crazy Good Ways to Make Corn on the Cob
1. Combine all ingredients, mix well.
2. Pour all but one-quarter cup of marinade into a plastic bag. Add the chicken into the bag and chill for 4 hours.
3. Cook marinated chicken on the grill for 6 minutes per side, basting occasionally using remaining marinade mix.
Mango-Chutney Marinade adapted from Bon Appetit
Suggested for: Spareribs
- 1 cup dry Sherry
- 1/4 cup oriental sesame oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 2 finely chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons honey
1. Whisk all ingredients together, and then pour over ribs in a large roasting pan.
2. Cover the pan and chill ribs overnight, turning them once.
3. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Drain the ribs of the juices, but save the marinade. Bake ribs for 3 hours, basting with the marinade every 20 minutes or so. Cut and serve.
Asian Marinade adapted from CDC Kitchen
Suggested for: Fish
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 thinly sliced scallion
- Ground pepper
1. Mix all ingredients together, and marinate fish for 30 minutes.
2. Grill, and enjoy!
Do you have a favorite marinade? Any family recipes worth sharing?
Image via Lillian Kuan/Flickr
Piping Hot Posts