Summertime is grilling time and you know what that means, don'tcha? It's time to get marinating. There's no way you can possibly argue with this statement: Marinades are SUPER easy. Seriously, throwing a bunch of deliciousness into a bag and letting it all meld together for a few hours (or sometimes overnight)?! Does life GET any simpler than that? No. No, it doesn't.
Marinades are a scrumptious way to flavor everything from steak and chicken to seafood and veggies. On the hunt for the perfect taste combinations for your next barbecue? Look no further. Check out these 3 tasty summer marinades:
Hawaiian Marinade adapted from myrecipes.com
Suggested for: Chicken breasts
More from The Stir: 5 Crazy Good Ways to Make Corn on the Cob
1. Combine all ingredients, mix well.
2. Pour all but one-quarter cup of marinade into a plastic bag. Add the chicken into the bag and chill for 4 hours.
3. Cook marinated chicken on the grill for 6 minutes per side, basting occasionally using remaining marinade mix.
Mango-Chutney Marinade adapted from Bon Appetit
Suggested for: Spareribs
1. Whisk all ingredients together, and then pour over ribs in a large roasting pan.
2. Cover the pan and chill ribs overnight, turning them once.
3. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Drain the ribs of the juices, but save the marinade. Bake ribs for 3 hours, basting with the marinade every 20 minutes or so. Cut and serve.
Asian Marinade adapted from CDC Kitchen
Suggested for: Fish
1. Mix all ingredients together, and marinate fish for 30 minutes.
2. Grill, and enjoy!
Do you have a favorite marinade? Any family recipes worth sharing?
Image via Lillian Kuan/Flickr