Today's a day I will never forget, for today, friends, I learned that you can make yummy and moist chocolate cake in a coffee mug in the microwave. It's amazing, it's easy, it's genius. I can't EVEN believe that I've lived this long without this glorious knowledge. This might have transformed my college years. Oh well, better late than never I suppose.
All you need is 5 minutes, some basic pantry items, and a microwave -- the rest is quick and delicious history. Yummmm.
Makes 1 mug's worth.
- Coffee mug
- 4 tablespoons flour -- make sure you measure it right, or the cake is a lie!
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons whisked egg -- 1 egg is too much, 1 egg white is too eggy, 1 yolk is too dense, but 2 tbsp is just right!
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Splash vanilla or other flavoring -- try peppermint or cinnamon
For a fudgier version, omit egg!
- Combine all ingredients and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
Top with ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy!
Photo via thepinkpeppercorn/Flickr