If you're reading this, I'm hoping you're either a dad or a child with excellent reading comprehension skills capable of frying eggs. Are you looking for ideas for preparing Mom breakfast in bed for Mother's Day? Well, you came to the right place. That kind of thinking will earn you extra points in your household -- especially you, Dad.
And if this is a mom, what the heck. Print this out and just say: "On Mother's Day, I shall expect breakfast in bed at 9:30 a.m. That is all."
It's actually pretty easy. A few key details are all you need to make this little gesture mean everything to the well-deserving mom in your life.
1. Find out what she likes to eat for breakfast on the weekends. (Not that rushed breakfast she eats every morning before work.) If you don't already know, ask. It's okay if she suspects what you're up to. Also, let her sleep in a bit.
2. Plan what you're doing the day before. Seriously. You do not want to run out for eggs at 7:00 in the morning.
3. Keep it simple. Think one or two dishes, and then add just one special ingredient. If you're making pancakes, add blueberries or chocolate chips. Waffles? Top with whipped cream. If you're making scrambled eggs, add cheese and top with chopped chives.
4. Get your hands on a tray. That's how this breakfast-in-bed thing works -- you put it all on a tray and you carry it in. If you don't have one, get one at Target, Crate & Barrel, Walmart, someplace with a housewares/kitchen department.
5. Love notes. The night before, get your kids to make little Mother's Day notes -- or even decorate a paper napkin. We moms can't get enough of that stuff! Okay, we can. But it's so sweet and we appreciate the effort.
6. Flowers and garnishes. If you have time, put a little flower in a vase. Or, place a little sprig of mint or parsley on the plate.
7. Bring it all in together. Gather your little sprogs and bring in the tray to Mom together to wish her a Happy Mother's Day.
Are you planning -- or hoping for -- breakfast in bed on Mother's Day?
Image via edenpictures/Flickr