Whether you're celebrating or just feeling a little bit indulgent once in a while, sometimes you want just a taste of a totally extreme dessert. For some people, the ultimate is chocolate cake, others dig pie, and I know plenty who will always, without question, gravitate to cheesecake.
There's certainly something to be said for plain cheesecake, but how about cheesecake made with a time-honored candy fave? For instance, cheesecake bursting with Butterfinger crunch? OMG. See. Extreme -- extremely awesome!
Butterfinger Cheesecake adapted from Food.com
- 1 pound cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup caramel
- 1/4 cup chocolate covered peanut butter bars, coarsely chopped (recommended: Butterfinger)
- 1/4 cup chocolate sauce
More from The Stir: Butterfinger Cupcakes Are Beyond Delicious
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and sour cream together until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix until smooth in texture, with no lumps.
- Add the caramel and peanut butter bar pieces and mix well. Pour mixture into desired cake pan that has been sprayed with vegetable oil.
- Bake in the oven in a water bath for approximately 1 hour, until internal temperature of the cheesecake is 170 degrees F. Cool overnight. Drizzle with chocolate and caramel sauces.
Hungry? Need dinner ideas? Just love anything and everything food and recipes? Then you'll totally want to follow us on Pinterest! Our virtual pin boards on Kid Friendly Recipes , Sweet Treats and Easter 2012 are pure eye candy. Yum!