See what CafeMoms are saying about saving time this holiday season..
I'm always impressed when somebody shows up with a homemade cheesecake. Not only are cheesecakes delicious, they look so involved -- and often are so involved. I'm embarrassed to admit, that because I was scared I'd put in all this effort only to wind up with something ... not so good, I never even attempted making a cheesecake -- until I came across a recipe for Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. Seriously, guys, it's fool-proof. Once you have the ingredients, it's actually easier to whip up than to get in your car and buy a ready-made cake. And, of course, it's sinfully scrumptious.
More from The Stir: Delicious Mini S'mores Cheesecakes
Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake adapted from Food.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all crust ingredients and place in buttered spring-form pan.
3. Chill while preparing filling.
4. Mix all ingredients in order, beating well after each addition until creamy.
5. Do not overmix, since excess air will cause cheesecake to split.
6. Turn into prepared crust.
7. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until golden.
8. Cool in oven with door slightly ajar for 1 hour.
9. Wrap in foil and chill at least overnight.
Hungry? Need dinner ideas? Just love anything and everything food and recipes? Then you'll totally want to follow us on Pinterest! Our virtual pin boards on Kid Friendly Recipes , Sweet Treats and Easter 2012 are pure eye candy. Yum!
Image via neil conway/Flickr