Seems Miley Cyrus has started quite the gluten-free fuss, with everybody wondering if the celeb's flat abs are just a dietary restriction away. Whether you're already gluten-free for medical reasons or curious about making the change or just want to try eating like Miley for a day because ... I don't know why.
But if you do?
These Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies are a good place to start. Mostly because they're really, really good.
So good that you'll probably be tempted to eat more than necessary, which would derail the afore-mentioned flat abs plan, but who cares? Yum.
1/3 cup Earth Balance butter, melted
2 cups blanched almond flour, finely ground
1/2 cup tapioca or arrowroot flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 cup palm sugar
1 Tbsp. gluten free vanilla
3 Tbsp. SO Delicious coconut milk, or preferred milk alternative
1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Over very low heat, melt butter in small saucepan and set aside to cool.
3. In large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, arrowroot, baking soda, and salt until no longer lumpy and looks like one beautiful flour.
4. Pour the cooled butter in a mixing bowl. Add the palm sugar, vanilla, and egg. Beat until well combined.
5. Slowly stir in half of the flour mixture, then the milk alternative, then the remaining flour.
6. Fold in the chocolate chips.
7. For best results refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before baking.
8. Then, drop by the spoonful onto a greased or parchment lined baking sheet, placing 2 inches apart.
9. Bake 7-9 minutes, or until nicely browned.
Makes 16 - 20 cookies
Image via Cassidy/Flickr