Now that spring has officially sprung, it's safe to bust out the fruitiest recipes you can find. And by fruitiest, I mean berriest, because nothing says warm weather to me like being able to buy delectable berries for at least half the price they are in the winter. Mmmm ... Raspberries: They're not just funny kisses you blow on your kid's belly! Ha.
Love 'em fresh, but how about combined with pecans and baked into warm, gooey blondies? Oh yes, brownie's non-chocolate cousin can be just as delicious, too! Drooool. Sign me up!
Raspberry Pecan Blondies from Food.com
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 cups golden brown sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter
2 large eggs
2 tsps vanilla extract
1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
1 1/2 pints fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 9x13x2" baking pan with aluminum foil, extending foil over sides by 2".
- Butter and flour foil.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in medium bowl.
- Beat brown sugar and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time, then add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and beat until blended.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle raspberries over top.
- Bake 50 minutes or until top is golden and tester comes out clean.