This easy recipe combines some of the world's greatest ingredients into one delicious ball. Cookies, cream cheese, and butter? Are you kidding me? It's the stuff dreams are made of. Well, dreams and diabetes, but whatever, everything in moderation.
Crush up some Oreos, stir in the softened cream cheesiness, roll into a ball, chill in the fridge for a bit, then watch your worries disappear when you bite into one of these little round pieces of heaven. Simply put, they're totally amazeballs.
Prep time is 1 hour 30 minutes. Makes 10 balls.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces, weight package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup Oreo cookies broken into small chunks
- 1 cup Oreo cookies crushed fine
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add vanilla and sugars, and mix well.
- Stir in the Oreo cookie chunks. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Form a ball and roll the ball in the Oreo cookie crumbs. Place on a waxed paper lined plate and drape the ball loosely with plastic wrap. Chill for at least 1 hour.
Hungry? Need dinner ideas? Just love anything and everything food and recipes? Then you'll totally want to follow us on Pinterest! Our virtual pin boards on Kid Friendly Recipes , Sweet Treats and Easter 2012 are pure eye candy. Yum!
Photo via Vegan Feast Catering/Flickr