I love anything that has to do with marshmallows (except for Peeps -- they freak me out) so Rice Krispie Treats and Corn Flake wreaths are some of my favorite sweet desserts. That is, until I was introduced to marshmallow Oreo squares. Now these are my fave. Crunchy, chewy, and sweet, the squares are just as fun to eat as they are to make. Get the kids to crush up some Oreos, heat up some marshmallows and butter and before you know it, you've down 10 of these suckers with a glass of milk.
They're so easy to whip up -- get started now!
Makes 9 large bars. Takes a total of 20 minutes.
- One 16 oz package of Oreos
- 5 cups large marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Place Oreos in food processor and pulse until ground.
- Melt marshmallows and butter in microwave until puffed, about 1 1/2- 2 minutes.
- Remove and pour in ground Oreo cookies. Stir to combine then transfer to a foil lined 8×8 inch baking pan.
- Let set up for 10 minutes. Remove bars out of pan with edges of foil and cut into squares.
Photo via DarylLouie/Flickr