You've heard of Rice Krispie treats, but it's time to broaden the horizons and experiment with Corn Flake treats. They're super easy and super yummy. And when all's said and done, they look like cute little wreath treats. Just stir up some Kellogg's Corn Flakes and some marshmallows, grab some food coloring and a kid or two for help, and viola! Your treats are complete. The salty crunch of the flakes combined with the sugary deliciousness of the marshmallows mixed with the awesome green dye is a winning combination if there ever was one. And the best part is, kids freak out over this stuff!
Makes 16 wreaths; prep time is 40 minutes; ready to eat in 70 minutes.
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows (or 1 package -- about 40 -- regular marshmallows)
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- 6 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes (or Frosted Flakes, if you want!)
- Red cinnamon candies
- Store-bought white icing
1. Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in food coloring.
- You can also do this in the microwave: Microwave marshmallows and butter on High for 2 minutes. Stir, then microwave on High for 2 minutes more. Stir.
2. Add Kellogg's Corn Flake cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Portion warm cereal mixture evenly onto wax paper or lightly greased cookie sheet. Using sprayed fingers, quickly shape into individual wreaths. Dot with cinnamon candies, using prepared frosting to hold candies in place. Store in single layer in airtight container.
Have you made Corn Flake wreaths before?
Photo via kelloggs.com