You know what there's not enough of in holiday desserts? Peppermint. There, I said it. I feel like every cookie, cake, pie, and cupcake I eat is all about the chocolate. And that's fine, who doesn't love chocolate? But a girl needs a little variety once in a while. Enter the ridiculously easy-to-make Peppermint Kiss Cupcake.
All you need is your favorite box of cake mix, some cupcake liners, a few candy canes, and of course, Candy Cane Kisses, and you're good to go. And have I mentioned they look gorgeous?
Peppermint Kiss Cupcakes
- Your favorite box of white or vanilla cake mix (Chocolate will work, too, but I think white looks prettier with the red.)
- Candy canes, crushed
- 1 Bag Hershey's Kisses in Candy Cane
- Buttercream frosting
- Peppermint Oil -- optional (If you'd like, you can add 1/4 a teaspoon to your frosting mix to give a minty flavor.)
- Cupcake liners (These are adorable.)
1. Bake the cupcakes according to the instructions.
2. Frost after they cool.
3. Sprinkle crushed cane bits on top.
4. Finish with a Candy Cane Kiss in each center.
Image via tawest64/Flickr