This Thanksgiving, some of us will head to the kitchen and cook up a meal made from recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation. But for others, it's a game of researching the best, tastiest, most widely reviewed recipes on the web. When faced with so many options -- especially for something as traditional as stuffing -- it's not the worst thing to hunt down a celeb chef recipe! And who better to entrust your taste buds to than the Skinnygirl herself, Bethenny Frankel?
Yes, knowing Bethenny, her "Out of This World" Stuffing recipe is slimmed down, but at the same time, it's probably totally delicious. You know she wouldn't settle for anything less, and neither should we. So, without further ado, here's how to give one of the yummiest Turkey Day side dishes some star power ...
Bethenny Frankel's "Out of This World" Stuffing from Bethenny.com
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 4 pieces sage, chopped
- 6-8 pieces of thyme, chopped
- 1/2 pound turkey sausage (choose flavor)
- splash of good white wine
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 pound assorted fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried morels
- 1/2 oaf regular size 9-grain or multi-grain bread, toasted and chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- Sauté chopped onion and stalks of celery in oil in a nonstick pan. Add salt, pepper, and minced garlic.
- Add sage and thyme.
- Break turkey sausage into small pieces and sauté in pan. Add a good splash of wine and butter.
- Add mushrooms and morels (soak and cover them in water until soft), then add them and the mushroom water to the mixture.
- Add 9-grain or multi-grain bread. If the mixture is dry, add more mushroom water, chicken stock, white wine, or another flavored liquid. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1 beaten egg to bind.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes and put on broil for last 5 minutes to make top crunchy (make sure to keep an eye on it when broiling).
Image via Bethenny.com