My idea of heaven involves a lot of kittens and an endless supply of sweet potato casserole topped with warm, gooey, delicious marshmallows. All vegetables should be covered in sugar puff balls; life would be so much better, don't you agree? So this Thanksgiving, if you haven't tried a recipe like this before, I highly recommend forgoing the standard mashed potatoes and instead baking up a batch of this crowd-pleaser. Marshmallow sweet potato casserole is so good it will make your guests wonder if they've died and gone to the happy hunting ground. Kittens not included.
Marshmallow Sweet Potato Casserole via Cooks.com
- 8 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup hot milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon or nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 lb. marshmallows
- Cook sweet potatoes until tender.
- Remove skins and mash.
- When smooth, beat in butter, milk, salt, and spices. Beat well.
- Fold in walnuts and turn into buttered baking dish.
- Top with marshmallows and bake at 350°F until marshmallows puff and become golden brown.
Serve and enjoy!
Photo via David Boyle/Flickr