There's not much to say about these Bacon and Eggs Breakfast Cups save for the fact that they're totally GENIUS. It's a complete, easy-to-make meal -- bacon, eggs, and toast -- all baked in an adorable little muffin cup. Who cares about cholesterol when there are bacon cups to be had! These would be really fun for a brunch get-together -- wait, who am I kidding? They'd be really fun any time at all!
Bacon & Eggs Breakfast Cups from How To: Simplify
Ingredients (per muffin cup)
1. Using a cookie cutter, cut circles out of each piece of bread. Grease a muffin tin and press circles of bread in the muffin cups. Place in the oven and bake at 375 for 5 minutes or until bread is slightly toasted. Remove from the oven.
2. Cook bacon in a skillet until halfway cooked -- about 3-4 minutes. Places 2 slices of bacon on top of the pieces of bread so that they wrap around the sides to form a cup (as seen above). The bacon should cover the bread and the sides of each cup.
3. Crack an egg into each muffin cup.
4. Bake in oven at 375 for 18-20 minutes or until the eggs are set.
5. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over each egg and continue to bake until cheese is melted.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Image via jeffreyw/Flickr
Pens, pencils, markers, etc.