There are several ways to re-create a Lobster Roll -- the classic New England beach food -- in your own kitchen. Of course, the purists will try to convince you to keep it simple: nothing more than fresh cooked lobster meat and a drizzle of melted butter on a toasted hog dog bun. But other recipes call for a few more ingredients -- for this one, it's mayonnaise, fresh dill, and a bit of celery for crunch -- and it still comes out just as good.
Lobster Roll With Mayo and Dill from AskMen
- 2 hot dog buns
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 pound cooked lobster meat cut in 1/4-inch chunks
- 1 stick celery (finely diced)
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon wedges for serving
1. Split the hot dog buns and spread thinly with butter, both on the outside and inside. Toast in frying pan on each side.
2. Combine the mayonnaise with the dill. Add lobster and celery.
3. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Pile high on the toasted hot dog buns and serve with lemon wedges.
Image via yurilong/Flickr