There is nothing I love more than chocolate. OK, I lied. I may love chocolate AND peanut butter together, just a tad bit more. Two is better than one, right?
That's why when I found this recipe for Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Brownies, I knew it was a match made in dessert heaven. The combination of chocolate, peanut butter, Cocoa Rice Krispies, and crushed peanuts is what dreams are made of. And in those dreams, I'm thinking calories? What calories?
Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Brownies adapted from Jessica at How Sweet Eats:
- 1 batch of brownies (boxed mix)
- 1 cup chopped Reese's peanut butter cups
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1. Make the brownies as directed on the box in a 9 x 13 pan, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
2. Remove the brownies from the oven, and top with Reese's and peanuts. Place the tray back in the oven, and bake for 4 to 6 minutes, or until a toothpick can be inserted into your brownies and comes out dry. Remove the brownies.
3. In a microwave safe dish, melt the chocolate, butter, and peanut butter for about 45 seconds. The squares should keep their shape, and will melt completely when stirred. Then, stir in the Rice Krispies.
4. Pour your melted mixture over your brownies, and place the tray into a refrigerator. Allow the brownies to cool for at least two hours, or overnight, until serving.
Image via Emily Abbate