Grilled peaches are a lazy summer chef's dream because they're one of the easiest desserts to throw together in a flash: a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkling of brown sugar and onto the grill they go. And they're so versatile! You can top them with everything from ice cream and fresh basil to goat cheese or sweet balsamic vinegar. This recipe keeps it simple, though, with a simple caramelized glaze of butter, honey, and cinnamon.
Grilled Peaches With Honey Butter Drizzle from St. John's Farmers Market
- 1/2 cup (one stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 peaches, halved and pitted
1. In saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
2. Heat until butter is melted, then dip peach halves in the mixture.
3. Grill peaches until slightly golden.
4. Continue to heat honey butter mixture until thick and caramelized -- about 10 minutes.
5. Drizzle honey butter mixture over the peaches.
What topping do you like to add to your grilled peaches?
Image via mccun934/Flickr