Did you forget you had to bring an appetizer or side dish to today's 4th of July celebration? No worries. These Crab-Stuffed Deviled Eggs come together in no time at all. They're made in the traditional way with hard-cooked eggs, mayo mustard, and a sprinkle of paprika. Then, fresh crab meat and Old Bay Seasoning adds a little something extra. Just be sure to make enough for all the guests -- these babies will be gone in no time!
Crab-Stuffed Deviled Eggs
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Splash of Tabasco
- 1/2 pound crab meat
- 1/2 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh chives, chopped
1. Peel eggs. Cut in half lengthwise, and scoop the yolks into a mixing bowl.
2. Mash yolks with mayonnaise, mustard, and Tabasco. If yolk mixture is too thick, add cold water by the teaspoonful until the consistency is right. Stir in crab meat and Old Bay Seasoning. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Fill whites with yolk mixture. Garnish with sprinkled paprika and chives before serving.
Image via jeffreyww/Flickr