Skinny girl Bethenny Frankel can do it all. Make us pre-made, low-sugar margaritas or sangria, give us little packets to cleanse daily with, and also deliver great, healthier-for-you recipes that can be made sans crappy chemical-laden ingredients. I'm the biggest fan of that last endeavor of Bethenny's. Maybe that's because just about every day, I crave some kind of comfort food (mac 'n' cheese, nachos, cinnamon rolls, etc.), but I'm not willing to spend more than half of my daily recommended calorie allotment on my fix.
And holidays are even worse! I mean, what Fourth of July BBQ would be complete without burgers? Thankfully, our hero Bethenny has come to the rescue with a juicy turkey burger recipe that is light on the fat and heavy on flavor.
Bethenny Frankel's Barbeque Bleu Turkey Burger from Bethenny.com
- 1 package ground white turkey (1.3 pounds)
- 1/3 cup of your favorite barbeque sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of your favorite mustard (Bethenny likes stone ground)
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup bleu cheese
- 4-6 whole wheat buns
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients until mixed well. Use ice cream scoop or 1/2 cup measure to make 4-6 equal-size patties.
- Put patties on broiler or pan lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray.
- Broil or grill patties for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Serve on warm whole wheat buns.
Image via Greg Ma/Flickr