As a kid I used to love sitting on my old swing set and eating a yummy Popsicle after a summer dinner outside. The lightening bugs, the corn syrup, the brain freeze ... what's not to love about enjoying a Popsicle on a warm June night? I found this great do-it-at-home recipe for watermelon Popsicles that I'm really excited to share with you. My mouth is watering already!
Run to the drug store if you don't have popsicle molds because you're going to need them. The rest is super simple.
Watermelon Popsicles via Epicurious.com
Makes about 8 and 1/4 Popsicles.
- 2 1/2 cups seeded diced watermelon
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries or frozen unsweetened, thawed
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon crème de cassis (black currant-flavored liqueur) or light corn syrup
- Combine all ingredients in blender; puree until smooth.
- Strain into 2-cup glass measuring cup, pressing on solids to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Pour puree into Popsicle molds, dividing equally.
- Freeze overnight. (Can be prepared 1 week ahead. Keep frozen.)