Potato salad is the quintessential summer side-dish simply because it pairs perfectly with everything. There are countless ways to make it, but we like ours creamy with bacon, spicy mustard, and fresh, chopped tarragon. Try our amazing recipe for Creamy Bacon and Potato Salad, then tell us how you think it holds up to your classic recipe.
Creamy Bacon & Potato Salad
- 4 pounds small red potatoes, sliced
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 6 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon (optional)
- Boil potatoes, drain, and chill.
- Meanwhile cook the bacon over moderate heat until crisp, about 6 minutes. Drain on paper towels and coarsely crumble.
- Combine potatoes with bacon, eggs, celery, and onion.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, and vinegar. Mash together if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with tarragon.
Image via TheCulinaryGeek/Flickr