The smoky char from the grill is what makes meat taste so mouthwateringly delicious in the summer. But sometimes a little sauce helps, too. Grilled Brown Sugar Pork Chops come together with a simple glaze that gets tangy sweetness from ginger, soy sauce, apple juice, and, of course, brown sugar. Baste the pork with the sauce throughout the grilling process, and you're in for a special dinnertime treat!
Grilled Brown Sugar Pork Chops from AllRecipes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 boneless pork chops
- In saucepan, combine brown sugar, apple juice, oil, soy sauce, ginger, salt, and pepper. Bring to boil.
- Combine water and cornstarch in small bowl, and whisk into brown sugar mixture. Stir until thick.
- Lightly oil hot grill. Place pork chops on hot coals and brush with sauce. Continue to baste with sauce while pork chops cook through, turning once.
- Serve with remaining sauce.
Image via mccun934/Flickr