Wings, wings, wings! Who doesn't love 'em? Hot, mild, fried, baked, I am yet to meet a person who doesn't occasionally crave this zesty finger food. But have you ever tried them ... drenching in tequila, lime, and agave? That "no" is soon to be a "yes" after you feast your eyes on this irresistible Guy Fieri recipe.
Forget waiting 'til you're at your favorite sports bar, or (gulp) Hooters to chow down on some chicken wings. Make this fun spin on them tonight at home.
Guy Fieri's Tequila Lime Wings from Food Network
- 1 pound of chicken wings, cut into segments, tips removed and discarded
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
Tequila Lime Sauce:
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Season the wings with salt and pepper. Arrange the chicken wings on a baking sheet in a single layer. Put in the preheated oven and cook for 45 minutes.
3. Remove the wings from the oven to a bowl and allow to cool. Cover and refrigerate until ready to finish on your barbecue.
4. For the sauce, combine all of the ingredients in a resealable gallon-size plastic bag and combine well.
5. When ready, preheat a grill to 350 degrees F, prepared for indirect heat. Add all the wings and cook for 10 to 15 minutes to reheat and get some grill marks, turning after 7 minutes. Remove the wings from the grill to a serving bowl. Add the sauce and toss to combine.
Image via izik/Flickr