Fresh torn basil and ripe tomatoes warm from the vine are two of the best parts of summer eating. Ordinarily, the two are combined with fresh mozzarella cheese in the classic caprese salad, but did you know a similar pairing goes fantastically with pasta, too?
This week, try this recipe for Summer Caprese Spaghetti. It's healthy, delicious, and makes great use of summer farmers' market finds; and, if that's not enough to sway you, consider this:
It's only six ingredients!
Summer Caprese Pasta
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1.5 pounds fresh tomatoes (diced, chopped, cut in half depending on variety)
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella mini balls
- 1 clove garlic, diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Cook pasta.
- Combine tomatoes, mozzarella, garlic, vinegar, and olive oil in bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss tomato mixture and fresh basil with pasta.
Image via jchong/Flickr