Grilled Pound Cake Sundaes With Strawberry Sauce combine two of the best parts of summer -- grilling and fresh, ripe strawberries!
The dense pound cake holds up wonderfully on the grill; the toasty char not only adds great flavor, it makes the ice cream all melty and delicious. Surprise your guests with this delightful desserts at your next barbecue, and it's sure to be a hit!
Grilled Pound Cake Sundae With Strawberry Sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 pint washed, sliced berries
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 6 (1 1/4-inch) slices of pound cake (homemade or store-bought)
- Vanilla ice cream
- Hot fudge or chocolate syrup
- Caramel sauce
- Whipped cream
- Heat sugar and strawberries in saucepan over medium heat for about 5 minutes; allow to cool slightly before blending smooth.
- Butter both sides of the pound cake slices. Grill the pound cake over moderate heat, flipping once, until golden, about 2 minutes per side.
- Assemble sundaes. Top with strawberry sauce. Enjoy!
Image via firepile/Flickr