If you like buffalo wings -- but not all the fat and bones -- then Buffalo Chicken Salad With Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing is for you.
This summer salad features spicy grilled chicken sliced over a bed of fresh greens and veggies. The dressing is the decadent part -- blue cheese crumbles whisked into a creamy dressing. Rest assured, though, the dressing is made with low-fat buttermilk and yogurt -- so it's not too decadent but still really tasty.
Grilled Buffalo Chicken Salad
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Romaine lettuce
- Celery, thinly sliced
- Carrots, thinly sliced
- Other salad toppings -- tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper (optional)
1. Combine hot sauce and melted butter in a small bowl.
2. Pour half of hot sauce/butter mixture on chicken, reserving the other half of sauce.
3. Grill chicken until it is cooked through. Transfer to a platter and brush with reserved hot sauce/butter mixture.
4. Assemble salad. Top with chicken
Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing from Food Network
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Fold a full sheet of paper towel into quarters and put it into a small bowl. Spoon the yogurt onto the paper towel and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to drain and thicken.
2. Whisk the buttermilk and thickened yogurt into the mayo until smooth.
3. Add the vinegar and sugar and continue to whisk until all the ingredients are well combined.
4. Stir in the blue cheese and season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
5. Toss salad in dressing.
Image via flickr4jazz/Flickr