Now that warm weather is upon us, it's time to put that grill to good use. Kabobs are a quick and easy way to get your protein and vegetable at the exact same time. We're always looking for exciting ingredients to skewer together, and this recipe for Jerk Chicken and Mango really fits the bill. Spicy Jamaican-style marinated chicken pairs perfectly with sweet mango and red bell pepper. Add rice or a green salad and dinner is on the table!
Grilled Jerk Chicken and Mango Kabobs
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 mangoes cubed into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red onion cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
1. Combine the first 11 ingredients; rub over chicken pieces. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
2. Thread chicken pieces, mango, peppers, and red onion onto skewers. (If using wooden skewers, be sure to pre-soak in water so they don't burn on grill.)
3. Grill skewers until chicken is cooked through -- about 10 minutes total (5 on each side).
Image via futureshape/Flickr