Here's a dessert that will please the sweetest of sweet tooths. It's called Amazing Oreo Dessert, and it is pretty amazing.
There's no baking required, so it's a great hot-weather treat to whip up without heating up your house. This version comes from Food.com, and in addition to layers of the sandwich cookies, piled with a creamy peanut butter and cream cheese concoction, it contains peanut butter cups as well. I tend to leave out the peanut butter cups as it's plenty good without them, but either way, you can't go wrong with this decadent dessert.
- 22 Oreo cookies, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, divided
- 18 miniature peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
- Crush 18 cookies; mix with butter; press into bottom of an ungreased 9 x 9 dish.
- Beat cream cheese, peanut butter, and 1 cup powdered sugar until creamy.
- Stir in half the whipped topping; spread over crust.
- Sprinkle with the chopped peanut butter cups.
- In second bowl, beat milk, pudding mix, and the rest of the powdered sugar on low for 2 minutes.
- Fold in remaining whipped topping.
- Spread over the peanut butter cups.
- Crush the 4 remaining Oreos; sprinkle on top.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
Image via mel_rowling/Flickr