The bread basket. There's almost nothing as delicious (or hard to resist) as a soft, satisfying slice of carbohydrate goodness -- especially while your stomach's growling waiting for the main event. And when it comes to what restaurant serves up the most delicious first round, well, the bread biscuit basket at Red Lobster is definitely a top contender.
The savory, cheesy Red Lobster cheese biscuits recipe is top secret, but we've uncovered an easy copy cat recipe that you can try tonight with just five basic ingredients. Make them and then come back and let us know if they taste as good as the real thing.
Red Lobster cheese biscuits from Food.com:
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups buttermilk baking mix (Bisquick will work)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Combine milk, cheese, and baking mix and stir with a wooden spoon until dough forms. Knead the dough for an additional 30 seconds.
3. Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake biscuits until golden, roughly 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Melt the butter and mix with garlic powder. Remove biscuits from oven, and brush each one with buttery mixture. Serve warm.
Image via Pen Waggener/Flickr